Friday, August 7, 2009

A Walk with Jerzy

On Tuesday, I arrived at Jerzy and Hala's apartment at 9 am for breakfast. Again, the food was incredible -- a scramble of eggs, mushrooms, and tomatoes, accompanied by fresh bread, cheese, ham, yogurt, coffee -- the works. Hala says she drinks up to 6 cups a day -- my kind of lady. After we ate, she applied some sunscreen to Jerzy's face, kissed him and then let us out. Jerzy took me on the "path" my grandmother took during the Warsaw Uprising. I should probably mention for those who don't know that I'm in Warsaw for two months to do research on my grandmother's story for a book that I'm writing called "The Value of Ruins." What goes in that book, well, you'll see. For now -- I filmed most of my walk with Jerzy before I ran out of batteries -- right before the peacocks in the park and a very important point in grandma's story. Here's what I have so far. Enjoy and I'll post more soon:



No comments:

Post a Comment